Monday, October 17, 2011

Denise L. Watso, NY - Nominated for Councilor 2011

Today I announce to the Abenaki community, my family and friends, that on October 15th, 2011, I did officially accept the nomination for Councilor. The discussion with my family at Odanak over the October 9th weekend, and decided upon a couple days before the Nominations took place.
As most of you are aware, my past 15 years of being actively involved in organizing Abenaki cultural, social and political events in the Albany, NY metro area and actively involved with the Government of Odanak, with family living at Odanak and in the States, it just seemed to be the right time to begin the discussions.
I am present always and available to assist, and not only during election season, for the past 15 years I have been dedicated to our people’s advancement in all areas, i.e. education, health, citizenship code, McIvor, Esquega, preserving our elders stories, thereby preserving our history and our culture, always promoting, protecting and defending our aboriginal rights.
My vision is to gain the confidence and support of the Abenaki community on both sides of the border, through dedication and hard work.


Thank you all for your time, more to follow;


Regards all;


Denise L. Watso, Freddy Watso’s daughter

No comments: